Southall &Soul is delighted to offer an individual artist a free on-site residency that includes workspace in one of our artist studios, accommodation in a studio room, and access to all of our amenities and events programme for a period of between 3-6 months.
We invite you to work alongside our community of artists in an open-plan shared studio space and to become a fundamental part of the &Soul community, producing work inspired by and in dialogue with that community. To that end, we ask that you share your craft with the community, by contributing artwork to the building, in the form of e.g. a mural / installation / series of prints, and by hosting exhibitions, workshops, and studio visits.
We’ll give you multiple platforms through which to promote your art: within the building, at our events, through exhibitions, and via our online platforms.
We welcome applications from different artistic fields, including digital art.
- Open-plan shared studio workspace alongside other talented, emerging artists
- Accommodation in a studio room
- All bills
- Folding bicycle
- Access to the building’s amazing amenities
- Access to our rich events programme
- Being part of a supportive and dynamic environment and community
What we’re looking for
Inspiring and emerging artists who vibe with our values and want to be a cornerstone of our creative community.
- Legally able to reside in the UK for the period of the residency (contact us if you need to discuss a visa)
- Over 18
- Reside in the building and participate in the community and events
- Contribute art to the building as agreed with &Soul and participate in exhibitions, workshops, and open studios
Apply for the Artist in Residence programme
We are currently seeking candidates for our very first residency, commencing in/around January 2024. Please complete the below form and we shall get back to you as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall endeavor to respond as soon as we can.
Artist in Residence Programme Application
"*" indicates required fields
Selection is made by a selection committee. The decision of the selection committee is final and may not be challenged. There is no legal claim to the awarding of an &Soul AIR place. Applicants will be notified of the decision, but not the reasoning.