Join our team
We are looking for competent, hard-working, and down-to-earth people with a growth mindset to join our team, who believe in our vision and want to be an integral part of our community. We believe that the success of our community will largely hinge on a team that brings their heart and soul, day in day out, to deliver all aspects of our community experience.
As the Community Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring the overall success and well-being of our community and for creating the vibe in the building. This position requires a highly motivated, passionate, and organised individual who is able to work collaboratively with various departments within our organisation. You will be the driving force behind creating a positive and thriving environment for our members, while also supporting other departments to achieve their goals.
- Develop and implement strategies to create a positive and thriving community for our members.
- Work closely with other departments, to support their goals and objectives and ensure a smooth operation.
- Ensure the success of the Wholeness team by managing the Wholeness Lead and supporting the wider team, ensuring all activities are monitored, compliant to our standards, and recorded.
- Conduct regular reviews of the Wholeness team members to set expectations, assess performance and ensure the high quality of our Wholeness programme as well as the well-being of the Wholeness team members.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with members and local organisations to support community initiatives.
- Organise and facilitate member engagement activities, such as social events, community gatherings, and member meetings.
- Oversee the scheduling and coordination of community events and activities, including managing event logistics, creating event agendas, and ensuring that all necessary equipment and supplies are available.
- Assist with event setup and cleanup, including arranging chairs and tables, setting up audio/visual equipment, and cleaning up after events.
- Attend community meetings and events as a representative of our organisation.
- Maintain accurate records of community engagement activities and outcomes.
- Collect and analyse data related to community engagement, growth, and sentiment. Use this data to make informed decisions and improvements.
- Coordinate with facilities and maintenance staff to ensure the upkeep of the community grounds, amenities, and buildings.
- Responsible for maintaining important external connections with local community groups and ensuring the fulfilment of our commitments in the local community investment program.
- Utilising one’s network to collaborate with external facilitators and like-minded community organisations that can enrich the experience of our members.
- Work with the marketing department to promote community events and initiatives through various channels, including social media, email, and community newsletters.
- Maintain accurate records of community activities, initiatives, and feedback from members.
- Respond to member inquiries and complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Manage the community budget and allocate resources to support community initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and community policies and procedures.
- Keep members informed of community news, events, and initiatives through various channels, including email, social media, and newsletters.
- Act as the voice of the community within the organisation, ensuring that community feedback and concerns are heard and addressed.
- Oversee the online community platform and ensure it is regularly updated and moderated.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate the success of community initiatives and make recommendations for improvements as necessary.
- Address community-related member concerns and complaints in a timely and professional manner, providing effective solutions to ensure member satisfaction.
- Filling in on front of house duties as and when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the overall functioning of the community.
- Demonstrate flexibility with working hours and tasks, as needed.
- Assist with member evictions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous Event planning experience preferred
- Well connected in the wider external community
OTE (Base + Bonus): £35-40k dependent on experience
We are looking for a skilled and reliable Maintenance Technician to join our team in ensuring the smooth operation and maintenance of our coliving building. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for performing a variety of maintenance and repair tasks, keeping accurate records of all work completed, and ensuring compliance with all relevant health and safety regulations.
- Conduct a daily walk-through of the building to ensure all common areas and systems are in good working order.
- Respond to emergency calls and perform necessary repairs to ensure the safety, security, and satisfaction of all occupants.
- Conduct routine testing of building systems, including fire alarms, sprinkler systems, and emergency lighting.
- Inspect and maintain building exteriors, including roofs, gutters, and siding.
- Conduct routine maintenance and repair of electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC systems, including cleaning filters and checking motors.
- Monitor and maintain the building’s water supply, including testing water quality and maintaining water treatment equipment.
- Provide monthly utility readings from the units and the main metre
- Maintain the building’s inventory of tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Coordinate with outside contractors as needed for specialized repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Place purchase orders in line with the company standards in good time to allow sufficient delivery time for consumables.
- Follow the company’s maintenance schedules and procedures to effective and compliant operations.
- Ensure that all residents are following building rules and regulations, such as not smoking in common areas and properly disposing of trash and recycling, and that there are no hazards during maintenance routine checks.
- Perform individual unit turnovers, which may involve painting, cleaning, and making minor repairs to prepare the unit for new residents.
- Respond to resident inquiries and complaints in a timely and professional manner, including responding to emails and member requests within 24 hours and ensuring that all issues are dealt with promptly and effectively.
- Demonstrate computer knowledge to access maintenance management systems, email, and other software applications.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, trade school or vocational training preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in building maintenance or a related field.
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems preferred
OTE (Base + Bonus): £30k
&Soul Job Application
Let's work together!
"*" indicates required fields